How Do I Make A Booking
Making a booking
To request a booking, simply follow the steps below:
1. Your healthcare provider will provide you with a booking in form, or you can have one sent to you from the hospital.
2. Return your completed form via post to:
Maternity Booking Office
West Gippsland Hospital
41 Landsborough St,
Warragul VIC 3820
OR: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received your completed form, the Maternity Booking Office will contact you to make a time for your booking-in appointment. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of returning your form, please telephone the Maternity Booking Office on (03) 5623 0811 on Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 4.00pm.
What to bring to your booking-in appointment
Please bring with you:
- doctors card (this will be given to you by your chosen accredited doctor)
- medicare card
- healthcare card (if applicable)
- the name of the Pathology Practice where your blood tests were taken and/or the results if available
At your Booking In appointment, our midwife will explain all the necessary information you will need to know about coming to hospital including:
- Your length of stay in hospital
- what to bring to hospital for you and your baby
- Childbirth classes will be booked in at your booking in appointment.
- “Preparing for birth” booklets are available for purchase at the Booking in appointment.
- The estimated length of hospital stay is usually two nights following a normal birth, and three to four nights after a caesarean section.
- Visiting hours for family and friends are strictly 2.00pm – 4.00pm and 6.00pm – 8.00pm. Partners can come at other times, except during rest time.
- No visitors between 11.30 am – 12.30 pm as this is designated rest time for all mothers within the Unit.
- After you go home from hospital, you will be offered a visit from the ‘Midwife at Home’ service, usually this is 1-2 follow up home visits.
- Your usual GP and the maternal and child health nurse will then take over your ongoing care.
Below is a list of Obstetricians who are registered with our Hospital:
- Dr Warrick Pill
- Dr Hayley Messenger
If you have medical/health issues or a complicated pregnancy (including a multiple pregnancy or difficulties with previous pregnancies or births), you may require care by an obstetrician.
Below is a list of General Practitioners who are registered with our Hospital:
- Dr Michael Crameri – Bank Place Medical Centre, Drouin
- Dr Patrick Ruane – Gladstone Street Clinic, Warragul
- Dr Peter Verbeek – Trafalgar Medical Centre, Trafalgar
Below is a list of Paediatricians who are registered with our Hospital:
- Dr Michael Nowotny
- Dr Chris Smith
- Dr Sari Hayllar