Allied and Community Health Services
Our Occupational Therapists assist people of all ages and abilities to do the things they need and want to in all aspects of daily life. Occupational therapists call these things daily activities or ‘occupations’. This may include:
- Helping clients regain their independence with daily activities/occupations after an injury, surgery or other event
- Modifying the home environment to make it safer and easier to get around
- Suggesting equipment to help with daily activities
- Hand therapy for those with hand, finger, wrist and elbow injuries
- Working with children to achieve their developmental milestones e.g. hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
Occupational Therapy requires a referral from your GP or other health professional. Call the Occupational Therapy department on (03) 5623 0641 for more information.
Due to demand for some services a wait list may apply. Our staff will discuss this with you.