Allied and Community Health Services
Our Diabetes Educators support people living with Diabetes to be as healthy as possible. This includes people of all ages with:
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes in pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes)
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT)
- Impaired Fasting Glycaemia (IFG)
- Friends, carers, family members and/or partners of people with Diabetes
Diabetes Educators provide advice about managing your condition. We also run Diabetes support groups.
What to bring to your appointment
If you have any of the following please bring:
- Reading glasses
- Hearing aids
- Any referral letters from your doctor
- Any injections you have been prescribed for diabetes
- Any blood glucose meter, current test strips and lancet device (even if it is not working)
- A current list of your medications
- Record of your recent blood glucose levels
Bringing these items will help you get the most out of your appointment and help the Diabetes Educator to know what support you need.
Call our First Call intake team on (03) 5624 3548 for appointments.
Call (03) 5624 3500 for information about Diabetes support groups.
Due to demand for some services a wait list may apply. Our staff will discuss this with you.