Allow extra time for parking. There are 3 major construction projects underway at West Gippsland Hospital.
- Eight-bed Short Stay Unit being constructed near the main entry to the hospital next to the Emergency Department
- Third Operating Theatre site at the rear of the hospital above the Consulting Suites driveway off Landsborough Street.
- A new roadway and car parking bay along the front of the Hospital to link the two main driveways off Landsborough Street.
NB: Closure of front doors has been extended due to delays in building works.
Parking during front hospital main door closure
Please be advised the main front entry doors to West Gippsland Hospital and the Emergency Department front entrance will be CLOSED until June 24 to allow for construction of an all abilities ramp.
A temporary door entrance into the Hospital during these works will be through the East doors of the Hospital located at the top of the first driveway coming from the roundabout along Landsborough Street (See Entry 2 on Hospital map Consulting Suites driveway). Signage will be in place to guide visitors.
Access to Hospital & Emergency Department
Visitors and non-urgent patients should enter the hospital from the East entry doors located at the top of the first driveway off Landsborough Street (Refer map Entrance 2, Consulting Suites driveway). Limited Parking is available along the driveway or off-street. A larger car park is available off Sargeant Street which is accessed off Korumburra Warragul Road. The car park has disability parking and is linked to a pathway that leads to the main hospital East door entry and Consulting suites. A volunteer concierge team will attend the East entry doors to the Hospital during the day to assist with directions.
After hours a hospital attendant will assist people to enter and exit the East entry doors.
Urgent admissions or those who need wheelchair assistance to get into Hospital
Enter main hospital driveway (Entrance 1 on map) and follow the painted yellow line along the driveway around to the back of the Emergency Department. Two car parks have been designated for 5 minute drop off. Do not park in ambulance bays. Volunteers can provide directions during the day and call a porter if assistance is required. An intercom is available outside the verandah door at the rear of Emergency Department for patient admissions out of hours.
Pick up of discharged patients
Patients discharged from hospital in wheelchairs during the day will exit via the Community Rehabilitation Centre (CRC).
Two car parks next to the concrete ramp directly opposite the CRC building have been allocated for 5 minute patient pick up only.
Consulting Suites patients
- Patient parking is available along the Consulting Suites driveway for patients and for people with a disability.
- People can also park in the large car park off Sargeant Street which is accessed from Korumburra Warragul Road (Entry 3). Car parks have been reserved for consulting suite patients and disability parking. A pathway links the car park to the consulting suites and East hospital entry near Endoscopy/Oncology.
- The quadrangle area at the very top of the consulting suites driveway near Consulting Suite 3 has been closed to vehicles to allow for construction of a third operating theatre.
Access to District Nursing, Haemodialysis, Mary Sargeant Building
Patients and visitors who need to attend the Mary Sargeant building for District Nursing and Haemodialysis are being advised to park in either:
- The Ley Street car park
- Sargeant Street car park accessed from Korumburra Warragul Road.
- Disability parking is provided at both car parks.
Pathology, X-Ray, Endoscopy, Oncology, Pre-Admission, Breastscreen
Enter via the East doors to Hospital at top of the Consulting suites driveway (see hospital map Entry 2)
- The Consulting Suites driveway has limited parking and disability parking but the hill is very steep.
- The Sargeant Street car park off Korumburra Warragul Road links to a flatter pathway that passes Pathology and leads to the East door entry to the hospital for Endoscopy, Oncology, X-ray, Pre-admission, Pharmacy and other hospital services. (See car park on hosptal map marked Entry 3)
People who need to visit Cooinda Lodge Aged care residences can:
- access the building via front stairs off the main driveway of the hospital
- or drive around to the back entrance to Cooinda off Ley Street.
Allied Health (CRC)
Those attending Allied Health Community Rehabilitation Centre (CRC) have no change to access.
- Enter the main front hospital driveway and follow the driveway around to the CRC building as usual.