It hard to believe it’s been one year since the WHO declared a global pandemic and Victoria went into its first lock down.
Since then, staff across West Gippsland Hospital and the Healthcare Group have risen to challenge after challenge;
- setting up drive thru pop up testing clinics
- screening to protect our patients and staff
- undertaking on-going training in PPE, infection control and more
- helping high risk industries test their staff
- providing new telehealth options
- distributing free masks to people in need
- going above and beyond to help people get the health care they need.
Our aged care teams have also done a wonderful job keeping residents happy and safe.
We thank the hundreds of staff who have stepped up and worked long hours to ensure we continue to deliver “person centred’ care despite being in a pandemic.
Thank you to our community for the crucial role they’ve played in helping stop the spread of COVID-19 in our region.
Here’s some photos from the last 12 months.