We welcome your feedback
West Gippsland Healthcare Group is dedicated to providing quality health care to our community. We are constantly evaluating and improving the services we offer to ensure that your experience at our health service is a positive one. Your feedback is important to us and it helps to improve our systems and processes. If you would like to acknowledge our staff for the great work they do or have a complaint please click the link below.
We won’t know if you don’t tell us.
How do I make a complaint?
Speak to someone locally first
- Wherever possible, discuss your concerns directly with the person, ward or department.
- It is often the quickest and easiest way to resolve the issue so speak to the treating clinician in the first instance.
Act quickly where possible
- Where possible, speak with someone as soon as you can so the information and recollection of your experience is clear and a resolution can be reached.
- Explain the issues and the order in which they occurred.
- Provide details of time and dates where possible.
- Provide any other details you feel are relevant.
- Explain what you are seeking as a result of your feedback.
Make a complaint
If you feel your concerns have not been sufficiently addressed then we encourage you to make a complaint via one of the following methods:
- the Feedback Form
- by email at: email@example.com
- The Feedback Office
West Gippsland Hospital
41 Landsborough St Warragul VIC 3820
- by phone at: (03) 5623 0615
What will happen when I make a complaint?
Your feedback will be directed to the most appropriate person for follow up or investigation and assist in coordinating a response to your concerns.
What will not happen when I make a complaint?
- the details of your complaint are not included on your medical record.
- it will not affect your care or treatment in the hospital in future.
- the issues are not discussed with anybody except the relevant staff.
When will I receive a resolution?
West Gippsland Healthcare Group aims to provide you with a resolution to your feedback in 30 days. This time frame may vary depending on the complexity of the issues. You can always contact the Performance Improvement Unit on (03) 5623 0615 for an update on investigations.
Unhappy with our response?
If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you have further options.
Health Complaints Commissioner
You can contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC).
The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria.
Their service is free, confidential and impartial.
To lodge a complaint with the HCC, fill out a complaint form online at hcc.vic.gov.au or phone 1300 582 113.
Read about the Charter of Healthcare Rights.
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
You can contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Their service is free, confidential and impartial.
To lodge a complaint with the commission, visit agedcarequality.gov.au or call 1800 951 822.
Read about the Charter of Aged Care Rights.